Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 5 July 6

We received:  salad greens, carrots, garlic, a handful of baby squash, potatoes, thinnings from the turnip patch, peas, braising mix and my favourite for the week, a big fragrant bunch of basil.  


I happen to think vegetables are gorgeous, so I take lots of photos of them.  






Andrea and Marion enjoyed the potatoes, boiled, and then tossed with melted butter, garlic scapes, and fresh herbs including oregano, chives and thyme from the communal herb plot at the Tahsis Community Garden.  .


Once again, when I don't know what to do with the CSA items, it works to just put them all together.  This is (sauteed in butter) chard, kale, baby squash, basil and loads of garlic.  Just a few moments of cooking so the squash and greens aren't mushy.


Eat it straight or for the girls add it to the macaroni and tomato sauce.  I put mine on top of my salad greens.  



No comments:

Post a Comment